Vintage Car Bedroom: Headlight Nightlights

The next step in the transformation of my son's bed into a "car" (or rat rod, as we've started calling it) is the addition of car headlight nightlights.


I picked up a pair of these push-on lights for $1 each at the thrift store.




They didn't work anymore, so how can they be turned into plug-in nightlights? 


I painted the rims of the lights with chrome spray paint (this stuff is hard to work with - let it dry for a few days!)






I drilled two holes into the bedframe where I wanted the headlights to go.  (Sorry for the crappy photo - I took it at night.)








Removed the small bulb and replaced it with a chandelier-type bulb wired to a plug.  The wire goes through the hole in the bed.  I used duct tape to hold the light in place, but took this picture first.




Everything screwed back together and both "headlights" plugged into a light-sensitive timer. 


Now at night, Bamm-Bamm's headlights come on for a few hours.




He loves "driving" his new "car", but he insists that the headlights be on!!  I think we'll have to put in a switch!




Looks a little like a Jeep don't you think?









New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here... Bookmark and Share
6 Responses
  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    Pendant Lights



  2. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.ขาย ร่ม กันแดด รถยนต์


  3. Happy to found this blog. I have some facts related to this blog and I would like to share with all its readers. Definitely it is going to help everyone and aware people with some more knowledgeable points.ที่ บัง แดด รถยนต์


  4. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. auxbeam


  5. ackauto.com offers Car Headlight in USA, Car Tail light in USA, Car signal light in USA, Car fog light in USA. Find the right Headlight for your car.


Related Posts with Thumbnails