Happy Gluten-Free Anniversary to Me

 

It’s been 8 years since I found out I have an allergy to gluten (found in wheat, rye and barley), also called Celiac Disease.

 

I was lucky.  I only suffered a few months of pain, and digestive issues before I stopped eating gluten-containing products and found instant relief! 

Turns out Celiac Disease runs in the family, and my cousin suffered many hospital trips and surgeries just a few years earlier before she was properly diagnosed.  Because of this, I had an idea what might be wrong only a few months after becoming ill.

 

Gluten intolerance or allergy can manifest in a dozen different symptoms, affecting your energy level, mood, skin, stomach/digestion, concentration/mental, or respiration.  Everyone is different.

Blood tests do not always come back positive, since those tests aren’t very accurate.

If you have regular problems with any symptoms of gluten intolerance, it may be time to try out a trial period of eating gluten-free.  It made all the difference for me!

 

If you want to learn more, Lisa from Lisa’s Gluten-Free Advice and Healthy Living has a wonderful post!

New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here or
Bookmark and Share
1 Response
  1. Congratulations to on your gluten free anniversary! I suspect I have somewhat of an intolerance to gluten since I get a lot of bloating and digestive problems. Problem is, even tho I get sick, I love white foods :(. Maybe it's time to step up my diet. Thank you for the link to the helpful post.


Related Posts with Thumbnails